Are you up for a moist fudge chocolate brownie, packed with marijuana? Isn’t it tempting? Brownies are among the most common food product infused with marijuana; however, almost any food product may be used. Today, cannabis users have a choice on how to take cannabis. It can be through smoking, vaping, or through a tasty alternative. Edibles are food products infused with marijuana. It comes in different forms like lozenges, pastries, candies, and beverages. Marijuana edibles offer a delay in effects. It may take 30 minutes to 3 hours, which will also depend on the person’s tolerance. The food will still be absorbed into the bloodstream through the liver. Most edible marijuana consumers enjoy the intense and extended effects that it offers compared to the other methods. In general, marijuana edibles contain relatively high amounts of THC. That is why it is important to be extra careful before you indulge in your favorites. Because it takes longer to feel the effect, the user may have already consumed so many edibles, thinking that there is no effect. There is actually a high potential for overdose with marijuana edibles. Now, we will discuss the do’s and don’ts so you can take control of your intake.
- Always start with a small dose especially if it is your first time or if it has been a while since you have used marijuana.
- Be wary of eating edibles on an empty stomach. Be sure to eat a solid, nutritious meal before taking edible marijuana.
- Keep your edibles in a safe place, where children and pets cannot access them.
- Make sure you have a weed-free food handy, a sudden hunger can strike, and its best to take something that will not make you hungry again. Does that even make sense?
- Stay hydrated.
- Do not give other people edibles, without them knowing what It is.
- Do not eat edibles when you are taking another medication. This will cause the number of THC levels in the bloodstream to increase dangerously.
- Do not panic. If you have overindulged with your favorite edible, remain calm, relax, and drink water.
- Do not drive and stay in a calmed and comfortable place.
- Do not mix alcohol intake and marijuana edibles not unless you are already an expert and know how to handle such. Edibles go through your digestive system first and head to your liver after it is broken down. After it passes through the liver, THC metabolites are formed. Alcohol also passes through the liver and processing both substances at the same time can be too much for some people. Remember that the effect of marijuana edibles to your friends will not be the same for you. Each and every person has his or her own level of tolerance.
Remember that edibles are a good choice when consumed responsibly. Take proper precautions so you will be able to feel and enjoy its effects. Overindulging can lead to disaster when you are not careful. With all these reminders, we are sure that you will enjoy your first marijuana edible soon!