Oftentimes, people look towards guides and articles to decide which germination processes work best. You see, germination can be done a number of ways. The important thing about germination is getting your seeds ready for cultivation so that they turn out to be healthy and potent marijuana buds. This can be achieved with any type of germination if done properly. However, not all germination methods have the same rate of success. Failing to germinate the seeds may even result in destroying them and being unable to plant them. Because of this, it is best to pick a germination method that has been proven to be effective and successful.
Here at Marihuana Planet, we prioritize the satisfaction and reliability of our articles. We would want our customers to provide us with positive feedback especially with our germination policies. In this article, we will discuss the Paper Towel Method of germination. It is one of the most well-known methods of germinating marijuana seeds because of its high success rate and simplicity. If you plan on manually germinating your own cannabis seeds, then give this process a try. It will surely leave you satisfied with the results.
GERMINATE YOUR CANNABIS SEEDS USING THE PAPER TOWEL METHOD
This method of germination is very feasible for any marijuana grower. Beginners will find this germination technique quite easy to do because it uses things that can be found in any house. On the other hand, experienced marijuana growers who value their time will enjoy doing this germination technique because of the simplicity and quickness of seeds to germinate under this way. Overall, it is a great way to start your cultivation process. Following these simple steps will guarantee you with fully germinated seeds every time.
For this germination method, you will need:
- Cannabis Seeds (works for regular, feminized, and autoflowering cannabis seeds)
- Thick Paper Towels – 3 sheets
- Plate – sturdy and hard
- Filtered Spring Water (room temperature)
- Plastic Cup
- Pour the spring water into the plastic cup and soak the seeds into the water. After a few minutes, the seeds will begin to sink. This is normal. Leave the seeds there for 15 to 18 hours MAXIMUM. Make sure it does not stay for any longer to prevent the seeds from drowning.
- Take the plate and place the three (3) sheets of paper towels on top of it. Evenly spread them out so that they can be folded.
- After soaking the cannabis seeds, pour them together with the water onto the plate with paper towels. Clear away any excess water. Afterwards, take one end of the paper towel and fold it to cover the cannabis seeds with moist paper towels.
- Find a dark room with a warm temperature and place the seeds inside. At this point in time, you will have to wait for the seeds to crack open. Make sure they get enough darkness, warmth, and moisture. Also, air circulation is important so do not close off any tight spaces.
- Regularly check the seeds every now and then to make sure the paper towels do not dry out. Occasionally water them in order to give the seeds more moisture. After around 5 to 7 days, the seeds will begin to display cracks. Also, little taproots will begin to emerge. When the roots reach a height of around 0.5 inches, they are ready to be planted.
WHAT TO DO IF THE SEEDS DO NOT GERMINATE:
If the marijuana seeds do not sprout taproots, follow these steps to try and salvage the seeds:
- This may be caused by the lack of moisture while being germinated. If this happens, take the seeds and place them back into a cup filled with clean water. Leave them there until they start sprouting taproots. Once the taproots emerge, go back to step 1.