One of the most revolutionary purposes of cannabis has been its ability to act as an alternative for medical treatments. Over the years, people have traded taking the usual traditional approach to medicine and exchanging it for medical marijuana. The validity of this has long been debated but it seems as though there is no stopping people from trying out medical marijuana strains for regulating certain health conditions.
Because marijuana is such a sensitive substance, people must be very careful in dealing with such. The fact that patients decide to consume it as a means to treat their illnesses only amplifies the concern that they must have in terms of using it. As such, it is important to fully understand how medical cannabis works and how a human body reacts to the substance. In this article, we are going to give you guys a general overview of the different aspects of medical marijuana strains. Let’s get started:
What is Medical Marijuana?
Because of the many health benefits that the cannabis plant has been known to provide, people have publicly expressed their desires to openly use and consume marijuana. As such, many official bodies such as the Food and Drug Administration in certain countries have classified the cannabis plant and its products as an approved type of medicine, albeit with strict policies and restrictions.
The term medical cannabis generally refers to any cannabis product used by health patients in order to mitigate and cure any condition that they may be experiencing. Cannabis plants mainly rely on the compounds found in them called cannabinoids to produce medical benefits. The typical cannabis plant contains more than one hundred cannabinoids in them. Along with anthocyanin and terpenes, cannabinoids make up the total chemical makeup of cannabis plants.
The two main cannabinoids found in a cannabis plant are the tetrahydrocannabinol (THC) and the cannabidiol (CBD). As many of you know, tetrahydrocannabinol is mainly responsible for the psychoactive and mind-altering effects that marijuana typically produces. On the other hand, cannabidiol gears more toward providing marijuana products with some medical value. It impacts various parts of the body and causes certain reactions that help alleviate and reduce some common illnesses and diseases. As such, medical marijuana strains usually contain a higher level of CBD than THC. But in many instances, people also rely on the THC-induced effects to treat certain sicknesses.
Some common purposes for medical cannabis:
- Reduce high levels of anxiety and stress
- Soothe the mind and alleviate any migraines and headaches
- Mitigate symptoms of mental illnesses such as depression, PTSD, ADHD, and ADD
- Anti-inflammation in the muscles and joints
- Treats chronic pains and body aches caused by pressure in the muscles
- Strengthens the immune system and reduces the chances of strokes, heart attacks, and seizures
- Prevent HIV and cancer cells from developing
- Reduce nausea for cancer patients undertaking chemotherapy
Additionally, medical marijuana is also often used to promote a healthier lifestyle. Some people consume it in order to improve bodily functions and the flow of blood in their bodies.
Different forms of medical marijuana
It is important to know that the term “medical marijuana” encompasses other forms of marijuana products used by patients and users. Medical marijuana is not limited to just the dried-up buds from the cannabis plant. In fact, they come in forms such as CBD and THC extracts, cannabidiol oils, dried marijuana leaves, CBD and THC-infused pills and tablets, and even the famous marijuana edibles.
Patients may choose which form and type of medical cannabis they would prefer. The great thing about this is that users will not have to endure the psychoactive effects if they choose the right method of medical marijuana consumption. You see, some people wish to reap the cannabis plant of its health benefits without having to go experience the “highs” normally associated with smoking the product.
BEST MEDICAL MARIJUANA STRAINS in 2020:
If users choose to smoke their medical cannabis, then picking the right strain is crucial. Not only will it help the treatment experience, but users will also have an enjoyable time doing so as well. Here are our top picks when it comes to the best medical marijuana strains:
- Cannatonic – Highly regarded as the best medical marijuana strain to have ever been created, Cannatonic is an award-winning medical marijuana strain that works brilliantly for a number of reasons. It is the result of crossbreeding the Reina Madre strain with some NYC Diesel. With an astounding 1:1 ratio of THC and CBD, Cannatonic gives medical marijuana patients a soothing treatment coupled with an enjoyable high.
- CB Dream – One of Crop King Seeds’ finest, the CB Dream will definitely cater to the needs of any medical marijuana patient out there. This medical strain contains an equal share of THC and CBD, measuring up to around 6% for each compound. This ensures maximum satisfaction with every puff that patients smoke. It is great for inducing a calming and relaxing feeling in the muscles and joints.
- CB Dutch Treat – This masterpiece of a medical strain boasts a relatively high CBD level of 8%. Many users commend it for its ability to alleviate certain mental illnesses such as PTSD, anxiety, and depression with its happy and uplifting highs.
- CBD Critical Mass – Originating from the world-famous Critical Mass strain itself, this CBD version offers a very light and subtle high that is just enough to induce a cozy environment. This strain is capable of de-stressing even the most worked up patients out there.
- Crown Royale – Despite being considered more of a recreational strain, we believe that the Crown Royale induces medical effects that cannot be easily emulated by other medical strains. With the ability to create a deep and soothing feeling from head to toe, Crown Royale with work for almost any given health condition. It is fully capable of providing both mental and physical highs. With a THC level of 21%, it is the perfect mood-enhancer as well as a great pain reliever.
Medical cannabis continues to take the world by storm up until today. With the rising number of people inclined to use medical cannabis as an alternative to traditional medicine, it is important to know how medical cannabis works. Additionally, knowing the different kinds of medical strains can surely help you enjoy the cannabis experience a lot more